Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Did you know hugs can come from far away and heaven too


After having a hard day it is always wonderful to get a hug from someone you love. When you get that hug from far away and beyond you know you are truely blessed.


Bet you are wondering about the beautiful cardinals... Monday was a hard day for me. Starts off with my H1N1 shot which was not to bad in itself (free made it not hurt so much), then off to the dr to see why my memory is so holey and not in the good way either :) The pain in not only my back and legs but right side of the head is much worse and at the worse time, the holidays. When I look through my left eye everything appears not really foggy but more like a crystal effect which could be pretty since it looks like icy but scary since it's not cold and snowy here in Dallas. So I drag my tired old body to see Dr Kazi who agrees it is trouble some that my left side drags ( thought is was being old) and the eye sight is off (again now just age) and the memory laspes are not something I should be getting at 50. Signs of a past stroke are bearing their ugly old heads. So MRI is scheduled but for when????



I go home for a hug from my baby Kassy and when Daddy comes home he assures me we will get through this like we have everything else together. We head to the only mom I have left here on this Earth...Marty's Mom. We get to the house and drop off some food for the holidays and have a nice visit with mom and Marty's sister. Been a rough year with family issues but they don't matter now... Family is the only important thing.

Marty says I have a package and I see it is from my BFF way over in Missouri. We have never met in person but have become soul mates via the internet. Marty opens the package to a sweet note from my dear Angie and her family. Inside is an unexpected wrapped gift. The gift is wrapped is beautiful cardinal fabric. Hugs from Mo just in the wrapping... Once it is carefully unwrapped by my sweet hubby it unveils not only a beautiful gift but hugs from beyond our world. Inside this carefully cardinal wrapped gift was a figurine exactly like my granny had in her home. I truely believe this was the reason my momma loved cardinals and insisted we have them on our Christmas trees each year..at least one.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

So in giving of her heart to me all the way from Winston, Mo to Dallas, TX,my beautiful friend brought me love and hugs not only from her and her family but also from my granny and momma who have passed on. This simple gift taught me to look for love in small things and gifts come in many ways and for many reasons. Our good Lord knows when we need them and he makes sure we receive them.

2 comments:

angiesraggedypatch said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sandi!!!!!
That just gave me goose bumps! I am so thrilled with it, and that you have a history of one like it :)
love you always sweetie!
angie

AuntKaysHandmades said...

AWWW Sandi that was so sweet of Angie. And for it to have looked like your Grandma's is even better. Someone no... Many above are watching over you sweetie. Your in my thoughts and prayers..