Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saw an Angel TODAY


Sitting here talking to my husband it is so hard to believe it has been a year since his Dad got his wings. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the living room of their home just talking to dad about flowers and the kids. We talked about silly things like how much our canes were alike and how he loved it when I created Hispanic dolls and brought them over to the house. Every new soap I made he had to have one and insisted I make some MANLY ones.


Liver Cancer took Dad to heaven but we have memories of him every single day. At night I look to my right and can see how blessed he made me. My husband has to be the most patient loving man in the world. Who else could and would put up with me and 2 girlie girls. I see Dad everyday in my wonderful handsome husband. I see the love he taught him by the way he lived his life. I see the hard work and determination Dad taught by example to keep our family going even when times were tough. My husband not only works 40+ hours at his "full time" job but he comes home and does other things to raise money for my expensive meds and doctor visits. And he also does most of the housework since I can't get around much.
Marty got that love of family from his Dad.


Tonight I walked as I walked through my bedroom to my closet to get something out to give Keelee when she came to visit, a piece of paper floated in front of my face. I reached down to pick it up and could not believe what it was. Before I tell you let me say I don't have any pictures in our bedroom. They are in our living room and also inside photo albums or on the computer.


What I picked up was a gift from Dad..... a picture of him and Mom dancing at their 40th Surprise Wedding Anniversary Party. (OH My that has to be at least 12 -13 yrs ago)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Whenever the lights flicker at my apartment or where we are we know Dad is saying Hello. ( This was something I asked him to do at the very end to let us know he was around.) He said hello while Brian spoke so loving of him on July 5, 2008 and he still comes by to visit today. To many this may seem weird or odd BUT to me This is TRUE LOVE.
So this week I will celebrate Frank U Ramirez not just once but twice. July 1 was the day Dad got his wings and July 4 we Thanks HIM and all our service men and women and their families for all that they do and have done to keep our Country Safe.


I love you dad and miss you every day!

3 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I've seen "ghosts" myself so I have no doubt you are indeed seeing yr father-in-law's presence. But "ghost" is not the right word, it is THEM, their spirit still acting in the world, coming back for a visit or to give a message.

Your FIL was obviously such a fine man, and how wonderful that his son takes after him!

Unknown said...

That is true it is them... Wed afternoon i went to take a shower and there was another picture of mom and dad and my husband in the TUB??? I asked marty when he got home did it put it there. Said no but he thinks dad is letting us know he misses us coming by and visiting him so we're going in the morning.

Briar Rabbit Primitives said...

Oh Sandi, I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Father, but so happy to hear that he "keeps in touch" ;) What a Wonderful & Touching Story & Photograph! I see why he left that one for you. It's Very Lovely! Hugs, Starla